We hope you and your family are well and in good spirits.
Thanks to generous supporters like you, La Plaza has continued to strengthen Central Indiana by advocating and preparing Latino Students for educational success and by connecting Latino families to health and social services during these uncertain times.
La Plaza is once again participating in #GivingTuesday on December 1, 2020, and we hope you join us by giving a donation. Whether you donate $5 or $500, every little bit helps. We hope you will consider supporting La Plaza this year.
Our team has been working incredibly hard to provide both virtual educational support to Central Indiana students and emergency assistance to hundreds of families impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here is a quick look at what we’ve accomplished over the past several months thanks to generous donations and support from our community partners. We have:
- provided $1,000,000 in rental and emergency assistance to families in need;
- provided over 10,000 boxes of food to families through our weekly food drives;
- provided over 300 free flu vaccines to families through our partnership with local hospitals and the state department of health;
- provided over 200 free COVID-19 tests and antibody tests through our partnership with the state department;
- distributed over 300 personal hygiene baskets;
- hosted over 150 virtual education college preparation and tutoring sessions for high school students;
- hosted two-month long summer virtual education programs for high school students and parents of elementary school students;
- hosted numerous socially-distanced ‘Get Out The Count’ and ‘Get Out The Vote’ events to encourage Central Indiana residents to complete their census questionnaires and register to vote;
- reached over 188,000 unique Facebook viewers through numerous informational webinars covering topics as college preparation and developments spawned by the COVID-19 pandemic, resources available to Latino residents to help them navigate this uncertain time, and many other things in between.
La Plaza is a nonprofit organization, and we work diligently to spend our hard-earned resources wisely.
The reality is that even with the generous support we’ve already received, there is still so much need in our communities, and the pandemic is only getting worse.
It is not only our mission, it is our pleasure to be a front line organization serving some of the most vulnerable members of our community. But we can’t do it without your help.
Please consider making a gift today or on Giving Tuesday.
Here are different ways you can participate in our Giving Tuesday campaign:
Please note that Facebook has a $7 million match! Matching begins on Tuesday, December 1, 2020, at 8 am Eastern Time. Facebook will continue matching qualifying donations to nonprofits until the $7M match runs out.
So please mark your calendars and set your alarm friends!
Our Mission: La Plaza strengthens Central Indiana by advocating and preparing Latino students for educational success and by connecting Latino families to health and social services.
LA PLAZA (EIN 30-0029575) is a 501 (c)(3) organization and contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
For more information about La Plaza’s Giving Tuesday campaign, please contact Mariana at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-890-3292 ext. 135.
Thank you so much for your consideration!